VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann and Pat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 10:15:28 -0600
I spent two hours on the phone the other night trying to help a blind
friend get into the Inbox of Outlook Express.  We could find Inbox, but
whether we hit enter or clicked the mouse, nothing happened.  In despair, I
posted the problem to the JFW list.  The reply was--are you ready?--
TAB!

My point is that Windows is ***not*** intuitive, and what works in one
circumstance in one program will not necessarily work in another.  In this
case we were in a treeview, needing to tab to a list view.  If you don't
think out-of-the-box, Windows can be a real frustrating thing.  When you
know how to make it do what it is supposed to do, it's pretty terrific.  If
you could see the screen at a glance, it would be a hundred times easier.
Remembering that 80% of learning is visual...  In order to keep even,
blinks have to be really smart people.