VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:36:22 -0500
Hi,

I searched in several newsgroups for other people having problems with
opening large files in Eudora and it seems that there are a lot of people
having the same problem. Some of them can not open large files, others have
to wait for a minute.
After adding the line URLHighlight=0 in the eudora.ini file as Ann
suggested - the problem was solved. It seems that people with 64MB RAM
don't have these problems. The technical requirements for Eudora are 486 or
higher and 16MB RAM.
It is possible to skip large messages in Eudora, but this means that these
messages are not retrieved from the mail host, so you never can read these
messages. That is not a solution for people who want to receive the large
documents posted in this listing.
Other people suggest Pegasus Mail, Outlook or Netscape mail. It is true that
these programs can read large files, but these programs are not so screen
reader friendly as Eudora.

Regards Peter Verhoeven