VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:51:50 -0600
I believe you cannot get a virus generally from files unless they are
.com, .exe or other executable files.  However, Ann is using a window's
based browser, however.  I've been told that there is a way to place
viruses into common Word documents which go into action once the document
file is opened up.  I don't know how clear my understanding of this is,
likely not to clear!  I usually take with skepticism many of these "don't
open up a message with the subject of "got you," or whatever.  If it were
that easy, all the virus writer would have to do is make multiple copies
of the message and use different subject lines.

Steve

|  Steve Zielinski  (N8UJS)  |