From:
David Nasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:37:19 CST
Good Folk,

Well, I had another insane dream last nite.

This nice, hardworking guy decided it was time to buy a new PC. He
saved his pennies for a long, long time. Then he bought a nicely
bundled PC with a 17" monitor from a respected, big name vendor.

This nice fella was very much interested in hardware architecture, but
had paid no attention to unbundled prices since he had already decided
to buy a bundle.  After he purchased the bundled system and found that
it passed all his tests with flying colors, he decided to estimate the
cost of each major component. He studied individual prices for
motherboards, cpu's, hard drives etc which were comparable to his
equipment.

As he reviewed his price estimates, he started to shake and quiver
and sweat and talk to himself. He said "Wait a minute! This can't
be right! The cost of the m-m-monitor is more than I paid for the mobo,
the cpu, aaaaaaand the 64mb of memory combined?".

He re-checked his figures, stood up screaming:
  "I PAID MORE FOR THIS DINOSAUR R-B-G BOOB-TUBE THAN I PAID FOR
   THE ESSENTIAL GUTS AND VISCERA OF MY NICE LITTLE PC??????".
Then he fell on the floor convulsing, obviously suffering from
coronary thrombosis, and died a mercifully swift death.

End of dream.                                         :-)

Me, I picked up a 15" Samsung 500S monitor from BestBuy Sun. for $200.
Its testing out pretty well so far. I got about 12 days to return
it if I wanna. Anybody got any pro or con info on Samsung in general
or the 500S in particular? If it's got a bad service record I would
take it back ...

  TIA,
  David

** David Nasser                     **     [log in to unmask]  **
** Univ. Mo. St. Louis              **                              **

"Bessie Smith was murdered by a conspiracy between Jim Crow
 and John Barleycorn."
     generally attributed to Tenessee Williams