Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:37:34 +0000
        Hi.

> Hi Steve,
>
>         I have an FIC PA2007 mobo with the VIA Apollo2 chipset. This chipset
> supports UDMA. I have a WD Caviar 2.1 GB EIDE installed as a master on the
> first IDE channel and a WD 3.2 GB UDMA installed as the slave on the first
> IDE channel. When my computer boots, it shows the 2.1 GB as PIO mode 4 and
> the 3.2 GB as UDMA mode 2. I am not sure if I am getting UDMA performance,
> however because I think the EIDE drive on the same channel limits the UDMA
> drive. I also do not have the bus mastering drivers installed.

        I think that if you don't install the VIA UDMA BM drivers (or you
see the common disk drivers on W95 control panel) you won't get UDMA
performance at all. Who tells W95 (if this is the case) there are UDMA
characteristics?
        You can find VIA UDMA drivers following links at sysdoc.pair.com.

> FWIW
> Cindy Pearce
Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]

Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1
     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]