From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 13:24:08 -0500
That is how all BIOS deal with hard drives.
The primary partition(s) of the actual physical drive(s) is/are always
labeled first,
in the order of the IDE connections

Primary Master, primary partition = C:
Primary Slave, primary partition = D:
Secondary Master, primary partition =E:
Secondary Slave, primary partition - F:

then any logical drives are assigned.
Primary Master, first logical partition =G:
Primary Master, second logical partition = H:
etc etc.

Naturally all drive letter assignments would move upwards if all
physical
drive slots are not filled.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====