From:
Chris Louth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:36:49 -0800
John Farrow wrote:

> Anyone know what kind of sound card you need for this program?  Also any
> favorable/unfavorable comments on it?
>
> John Farrow

I have used it. The system had an AWE64 Value inside, and with a
ten-dollar microphone it worked quite well. Get yourself a 'brand-name'
sound card that is at the usual 2/3 mark (ie, 2/3 of the way to top of
the line) and you'll be fine. It is more important to use the decent
microphone that comes with NaturallySpeaking.

If you have a sound card from a 'brand-name' computer, however, you may
need a new card. Another caveat: You are given two options for the voice
training. You can read Dave Barry In Cyberspace, or Arthur C Clarke's
3001. I read Dave Barry, but I had to retrain it because I was laughing
too much.

--
Chris Louth - [log in to unmask] - Omegan Adept Dragon -=UDIC=-
ICQ UIN: 1553228          _\|/_  S'imr-Li on UO Pacific