From:
Gary Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:25:47 -0500
Grant wrote:
>It says in Balchs' "Nutritional Healing" that carrot juice helps lower
>cholesterol by flushing out fat from the bile in the liver.
>Is this supported in studies?
>Has anyone had success with using carrot juice?

Carrot Juice is good, but beet juice will work even better.  Beet juice
is the best juice for the liver. It definitely clears the liver of fat
and bile.  It has to be diluted, though.  Use about 3-5 carrots with 1/2
of a small beet.  Add a little apple and/or parsley if you like.  It's a
very strong detoxifier.  Check out "the Juiceman" Jay Kordich's book
"the Power of Juicing". (You know, that guy on the informercials with
the big bushy white eyebrows!)   He goes into what juices are best for
what ailments, etc.  One of the best books I've found on juicing.  Also
Dr. Norman Walker has a good book out on juicing.

I miss drinking the stuff, unfortunatey, I am trying to stick with a low
carbohydrate diet, and juicing is a no-no. Takes me right out of
ketosis.

Have a good weekend,
Gary

Grant