Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 05:15:53 -0800
I am currently of the opinion that women who are in or have been through
the taxations of childbearing and nursing and women who are experiencing
menopause should take supplements especially if they're not eating
organic foods and don't eat a lot of meat. Zinc is a biggie here. I seem
to do better with zinc in an all purpose vitamin rather than by itself
in a large dose.  We have much bigger stress than the paleos!  Also, if
a person has been under stress (and we moms fit that bill) they have
muscle tension which creates a reflexive blood loss in the intestines
and that affects absorption of vitamins and minerals.  It creates "leaky
gut syndrome".  I learned all this the hard way--I call it the School of
Hard Knocks. Mary Jackson