Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 06:50:55 -0800
Dear Ed,

Yesterday I was talking with my next door neighbor over the fence. I
delicately brought up the subject of spraying. He has a commercial service
come in and hose in toxins for 20 minutes all over his yard. Last time they
came (about a month ago)  I had my music on loud in my house and did not
hear the drone of the poisons being pumped. My autistic son was playing out
on the front patio, near the neighbor's yard. By the time I saw the big
truck, it was too late. Also, all my windows were open.

For the next day, I had a weird "buzz" in my head that would not go away. My
autistic son laughed uncontrollably for a couple of days.

So anyway, I very delicately asked him if he could let me know in advance
next time they came. I asked how often they come and he said, oh about every
3 months. I sighed with relief, thinking I had a respite of 2 more months at
least.

NOT EVEN 20 MINUTES LATER, he came to my front door with the yard sprayer
and said nicely, I have asked the sprayer to come back next week so that you
can have advance notice, how about that?

Can you imagine, so they are coming EVERY MONTH and spraying these poisons
all over his large (half acre) yard!!

I wish this spraying would stop.

Any ideas from the list? He said he is spraying to get rid of fleas on his
dogs. I use "Program" on my cat, she eats it and it gets rid of fleas.

The point is, our world is more toxic than ever, our kids are ending up with
diagnoses of autism, ADD, ADHD, etc.

I believe it is more important than ever to adhere to the paleo diet to help
maintain our battered immune systems in a toxic world.

BTW, does anyone have any postive thoughts? I am trying to think positive
but get very depressed about toxins.

Moira

ps These sprays nuke all the insects in my yard as well, even though they
are supposedly spraying only his yard. I am also a cancer patient and leery
of toxins.