From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:26:16 -0700
Greetings,

I hope someone can help me.
As a Celiac I have been gluten free for 2 years, dairy free for 1 year and
Paleo for 1 month. Previously I had been vegetarian for about 10 years.
Since beginning Neanderthin eating, (the book was excellent) I have become
itchy again (like pre-gf eating) and I don't think I have ever had more GAS.
My questions are:
Could itchiness/gas be due to meat being a 'foreign protein' to me since I
have been meatfree for so long?
or
Could the animals I have been eating be eating grains that are affecting me?
or
Am I having difficulty absorbing the suet and fat that have been foreign to
my diet for so long? (the pemmican is great!)
or
Could the fruit I eat more of be causing gas/itchiness or the pesticides
that cover them?
or
antibiotics/hormones/e coli cause this?

I can't decide if I feel better eating meat or not considering my side
effects, but the concept makes sense so I'll continue.
Has anyone had any of these peculiar symptoms?

All the very best,
Susan
BC Canada