NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 22:34:47 -0400
Hi Sandy - I'm new to this list too and I live in upstate NY.  I've
enjoyed this list immensely and until now I haven't seen the need or
real importance to post my views, mainly because someone else has always
gotten there before me.

I am also lactose intolerant and although, as an adult, I can have more
say over what goes into my mouth than a child can (kids are so fussy), I
wonder if what the doctor is saying is really necessary.  There are so
many foods that contain calcium that ingesting milk products doesn't
have to be a huge concern.

The reason for my post -- I'm concerned about the choice of vitamins.
There are many children's vitamins on the market that contain aspartame
as a sweetener.  If you haven't heard, aspartame is a neurotoxin and has
caused more problems in children as in adults.  This excitotoxin has a
known list of causing 92 different diseases as well as compouding
existing illnesses.  Naturally we're talking all products, not just
vitamins here.

Please think twice about which vitamins you choose.  I'm not all that
familiar with the various alternative types available for children, but
I've seen them in herb stores and the one that is local to me has a
special section just for kids.  I'm sure these would also be void of
milk products also.

I belong to other lists and I've learned alot about the negative affects
of aspartame.  You also might want to look into the dangers of the BGH
(bovine growth hormone) which is in our milk supply which has been
proven to cause brain tumors and cancer.  I have switched to organic
milk (as I don't drink much milk anyway - just use it in coffee) but I
know also (from inquiries I've done at the stores) that many stores are
not using milk products if they are coming from farms that inject the
cows with BGH.  It's always best to ask the source.

Fidget