NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carolijn Suijs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:42:23 +0200
I always read the list with interest and have at this moment a question as
well.
On a short holiday away from Holland not being able to eat milk-free, I
suddenly woke up in the morning with an "extra bit" of elbow. It is a fluid
soggy bit, does not heart, is not warm and when we arrived to our
destination in Larvik (Norway) we decided to go into to the hospital to ask
what to do.
The assistent said that he had never seen anything like it.
His boss however was quite confident it should be bursitus and advised to
get the fluid out and then put gyps on it, so that my arm would rest. This
all happened on Monday the 6th of July and I could remove the gyps in about
four days. So it happened. I managed to diet during this week, never had
cheese and butter and thought it would be alright.
On Friday night I took the gyps off. And it had gone a bit away. Driving
back from Norway to Holland on Sunday the 12th of July, I took some cheese
again. So now I have  this "extra bit" of elbow again. I went to the doctor
who told me it should be operated, because it is a bursitus, but I am not
convinced. I think it is an allergic reaction.
Does anybody has experienced soimething like this and what should I do. An
operation to take away - I think - is not necessary at all, but maybe
somebody has a real good suggestion.

I am very curious to get some response. Thanks for reading anyway.
Carolijn Suijs.
Carolijn Suijs

Beverhof 24     Tel. 0597-430924 / 37   Fax 0597-430934
NL 9675 NP      Winschoten      e-mail: [log in to unmask]