Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:13:41 EDT

<< >Here's a summary of a semi-starvation study,...The majority of the
>men ... reported experiencing feelings of calmness, serenity,
>peacefulness, sometimes euphoria as well as heightened mental
>clarity.

<<Yes.  This is common on CR.  I think alot has to do with the reduction
 in blood glucose levels, which is found on a Paleo diet. >>

The functioning of the organs is directly tied to our experience of the world.
If our organs are tired or overworked, we will experience a 'fall' mentally.
Naturally, a CR diet willl allow these organs to rest more often and work more
efficiently and be less stressed.  Eating with awareness of our internal
organs, our mental functioning, physical desires, etc, seems to be the answer
rather than simply restricting our diets as we can't override instincts
without causing problems it seems...

I think I am following a CR diet naturally as I eat to feel nourished and eat
to thrive mentally.  It's based on both those desires, not just a physical
desire to feed my potential form.  I also go through periods of eating more,
then eating less and even mini-fasting for half a day or so here and there.
It's wholistic in the sense that the food desire is based on security of
handling mental fear of being without food in the future, based on feedback
from mental functioning, internal organ functioning, as well as nutritional
physical desires.  It's not just physical 'hunger', it comes from many places
including what my activity level lis, which organs I am trying to heal, etc.

There seems to be a point at which it is not mentally positive to restrict
food long-term and live at the same time as it becomes overly controlling and
self-depriving which can make a person 'nuts'.

Aaron