Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
EllaLane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:47:02 EDT

<< Yes, they do, but we are not the descendants of chimpanzees. >>

Correct, but we share over 98% of the same DNA.  My question is how D'adamo
describes the emergence of blood types A,B, and AB in humans as a mutation
process resulting from climate and environmental changes.  I wonder if the
same can hold true for chimpanzees.  I tried looking up info on chimp blood
types, but couldn't find any.  Cats are found to have an AB blood system (a
little known fact I discovered searching the web, look under "blood
transfusion for cats".

Concerning your high cholesterol, have you had your thyroid checked?  Sally
Falon mentions a correlation between poor thyroid function and high
cholesterol levels as an adaptive mechanism to heal itself. (Nourishing
Traditions pp11)  She states:
While serum cholesterol levels provide an inaccruate indication of future
heart disease, high levels of homocysteine, a protein metabolite, have been
positively correlated with pathological build-up of plaque in the arteries.
Folic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and choline are nutrients that lower serum
homocysteine levels.
The best way to treat heart disease, then, is not to focus on lowering
cholesterol-either by drugs or diet- but to bolster thyroid function through
an improved diet that provides usable iodine; to eliminate free-radical-
containing foods that cause the body to need constant repair; and to avoid
vitamin and mineral deficiencies that make the artery walls more prone to
ruptures and the build-up of plaque. . . .

The book goes on to define some useful info on harmful and beneficial fats.

Hope this is helpful,
Ella