From:
JBohnen530 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:21:32 EST

I just wanted to update any yogurt eaters to a change in White Wave yogurt
ingredients.  The archives have an alternative to dairy product list which
lists the quart plain yogurt as containing gluten and the small 6 ounce
flavored yogurt as gluten free.

The opposite is now the case.

The quart size Silk yogurt is gf.  It uses agave as a sweetener.

The 6 oz. flavored yogurts have gluten.  There is barley in the brown rice
sweetener.  (So much for labels being clear)

White Wave informed me that all of their yogurt will be gluten free by the end
of March 98.  All yogurt will be sweetened with agave, a cactus.

Sara Vandenberg, Chicago
email [log in to unmask]