Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:36:01 EDT

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I think there was some confusion on my
question about gentic testing, which was my fault.  What I want to do is have
myself and my husband tested before I plan any children, just to see what the
chances are of having a child with both celiac's and diabetes.  I have both,
my husband has neither.  I guess I'm looking more on the positive side, that
maybe there's a chance I could have a child with niether.  I don't care either
way, I'm just looking to be prepared.

The most responses I got were to the question on Nutrasweet (aka aspartame).
Almost everyone said don't risk it.  Only two responded that it shouldn't make
a difference, but overwhelmingly, everyone said to stay away from absolutley
all artificial sweeteners.  Darn.  I've already eliminated caffeine, alcohol,
all other chemicals.  But I really like my diet sprite and snapple juices.  Oh
well. Better safe than sorry. I didn't get a lot of suggestions on what else
to eat, though.  I will find something safe.

Thanks again, this list is great!