From:
Trishhitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:47:57 -0400

Below is a long-awaited response I received from Taco Bell. I was not aware
that they use oats in the beef mixture, therefore nothing on their menu
containing ground beef if safe for us.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Taco Bell Corp.
17901 Von Karman
Irvine, California 92614-6221
Telephone. 714 863 4500

February 22, 1998

Dear PAT:

This correspondence is in response to your request for information about
ingredients in Taco Bell menu items. You inquired as to which items are
suitable for gluten-restricted diets.

Because wheat is a part of so many of our recipes, many items served in Taco
Bell restaurants are not suitable for gluten-restricted diets. However, there
are a few items you can safely order:

Pintos and Cheese
Bean Tostada
Nachos
Nachos Supreme (minus the Beef)
Nachos Bellgrande (minus the Beef)
Side Items/Toppings Include:
Cheese Sauce
Guacamole
Hot or Mild Sauce
Jalapeno Peppers
Nacho Chips
Pico de Gallo
Produce Items (Lettuce, Diced Onions, Green Onions)
Sour Cream
Seasoned Rice
Picante Sauce

If you have any further questions, or we can be of additional assistance
please contact u~ at the address or phone number listed below.

Taco Bell Corp., 17901 Von Karman, Mail Drop CSO3A, Irvine, CA 92714
Attn.: Consumer Inquiries
1-800-TACOBELL

Thank you for contacting Taco Bell. Your continued patronage is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kathy Colao, RD
TACO BELL CORP.
Product Development Department