From:
Graham J KENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:00:58 +0100

[log in to unmask] wrote :

>      Apparently the powdered mustard product here in the states (in the
> small cans) is mostly packaged over in the UK and CAN CONTAIN WHEAT
> FLOUR!
> He further states that they do make mustard powder here in the states that
> IS gluten free, but it is packaged in restaruant sized tins and sold
> to restaurants.
> He said that he is still investigating but for the time being to
> assume that the powdered mustard is NOT SAFE...

I am puzzled by these comments!

I posted a letter to the list a few weeks ago saying that the label of
Colman's English Mustard confirmed that it contains wheat (and no-one
believed me !!). Now the manufacturer is seen to be uncertain about the
contents !

My question now is ... are the ingredients listed on the tins in the
states ?????  How about Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc ???   If not
... why not ?

And, if they can make it Gluten-free for the americans why can't they
make it for the Brits etc ????

Graham KENT
A Coeliac from Lincoln, England   {;-)