From:
Beth Kubly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:09:37 GMT

     Kudos to Susan Lasley for a thoughtful and well-expressed "essay" on
peer pressure.
     Certainly having to stand up for GF food is a good start for standing
up for other eating preferences; (my current project is excising all
processed food from my diet, but alas! my husband was a bachelor for 45
years and still believes that  packaged food cooked in a microwave is the
quickest path to culinary nirvana, so it's an on-going struggle on my
part).
     At any rate: if we can (because we must) stand up to pressure in terms
of food, why not hone this skill --as Susan suggested--and become leaders
in standing  up to other pressures in society which make us personally
uncomfortable?
     Thanks, Susan, for taking the time to put down these thoughts on how
having to be GF can actually give us a leg-up on becoming and expressing
who we really are.

     Beth Kubly in central PA       [log in to unmask]