From:
Melissa Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:24:17 UTC

Hi all!  Here's the summary of information I received regarding stomach
cramps.
If I did not personally send you a thank you I would like to extend my thanks
to you now.  Thanks to all in this group for being supportive of each other,
it means a lot to me to know there are still a lot of caring people in this
world!

************************************
Librax capsules for spasms and cramps.

************************************

Levsin (hyoscyamine sulfate) for abdominal cramping.  You put a pill under
your tongue and it is supposed to stop the cramping quickly.  (Responder did
not know if it's GF)  Also, it works by decreasing GI motility and
stopping gastric acid secretion.

************************************
Donnatol (belladonna & phenobarbitol) for intestinal cramping and very cheap.

************************************
Immodium (GF according to responder)

************************************
Levbid (prescription)

************************************
Lecithin.  Granular lecithin daily (it's about 3600 mg. per tablespoon and
the daily requirement is around 7200 mg.)  Not sure about getting full relief
from an intense abdominal reaction but as a daily supplement to build up the
intestinal tract.  Also, taking acidophilus in powdered form, celiacs should
take this friendly bacteria on a routine basis.
(I believe Lecithin and acidophilus can be purchased in health food stores.)

************************************
I did not receive any information regarding the enzyme Ku-Zyme.  The only
response I received regarding this was that a pancrearic enzyme should
be a pure pancreatin.....500 mg and have no wheat, yeast, dairy, sugar,
corn, or other stuff and to check to be sure it is really GF.
(I'm assuming pancreatin enzymes are prescription, I know Ku-Zyme is.)

Again, thanks to all who responded!

Melissa

Melissa Crosby
Tulsa Community College