From:
Anne Rickaby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 14:50:40 -0400

Hi list members.

Well, after my panicked request a couple of weeks about regarding the prep
for a sigmoidoscopy, it looks like the tests I'll be having don't involve
any prep!

I'd like to get any info or experiences you've had with any of the
following. (I need to plan whether I can just walk in by myself or need to
take someone with me.)

So, did you experience discomfort, side effects, etc. after any of the
following tests?

- d-xylose test
- Shilling's test
- upper GI series

Thanks!

Anne

p.s. These tests all involve radioactive material. I guess I'll be
glowing!!!