From:
F&M Jeffrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 20:40:07 -0800

Just called Kellogg's (1-800-962-2818) about discontinuing Temptations.

Very nice lady has registered my comments and suggested we Celiacs all call
them to ask for its return to the grocery shelves.  I also asked if it would
be possible to find a flavoring other than barley malt to use in Rice
Krispies.  (One of my all-time favorite sweet treats is Scotcheroos made
with RK's, peanut butter, Karo syrup and frosted with melted
chocolate/butterscotch chips!)

Let's see if there's strength in numbers!  Does anyone have a ballpark
figure as to how many Celiacs there are in this country?  Maybe we can make
a difference and keep them from discontinuing NutriGrain and Corn Pops too.
I've seen several messages concerning communion wafers--a Celiac here on
Cape Cod asked her priest if she could provide her own GF wafer.  The answer
was, "a little bit of gluten won't hurt you."  She then asked him if a
little bit of sin would be OK.  Still not allowed.
Mimi