Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 14:24:59 -0700
I posted some info about ketogenic diets on the Autism list, hoping to help
some parents learn about it,  and the list monitors (not owners, just self
appointed monitors) got on the list talking about how "dangerous" a
ketogenic diet is.

My question is, how can it be any more "dangerous" than the SAD (Standard
American Diet)?

Do we eat ho-hos and twinkies under medical supervision? Some of my friends'
kids eat a 99%  'carbo'genic diet, is that not harmful?

What is the true danger of a diet high in fat and protein and very low in carbs?