From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 10:53:41 EDT

<<   I don't know if we can even get pistachios raw, but I have seen
 nature shows where the women go out into the area where the pistachio
 bushes grow and pick them and put them in sacks around their waists and
 I am pretty sure that I saw them eating them as they went along.  Kind
 of like blackberries, huh? >>

I seem to recall seeing or eating fresh raw pistachios as a kid at some
private garden center where you pay to visit.  I used to buy raw pistachios in
a bag about a year ago, and while they weren't roasted, I didn't find them
that digestible.  I loved them, and eventually made myself really sick after
eating close to a pound of them!!

I imagine in small amounts they'd be 'ok' though, but I think they're not
viable even when raw do to processing.

Aaron