BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 07:38:49 -0400
Anne,

If you think this is fun you should really join DSNA - the Dictionary
Society of America.  My brother-in-law and I joined about six years ago.
They print an issue called "Ver Batim" which has a section on obscure words.
My olde tyme favorite is "merkin".  I often suggest to an installer or
craftsman that if nothing else works they should pick up a merkin.  It
amuses the fellows down at the hardware outlet whenever someone comes in and
asks for one.

Leland