VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chaim Segal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 16:35:40 -0600
Hi!

I've worked out a compromise.  To sue would be my last resort--especially
as it seems as though there is a thread of interest in my being hired.  I
did further research today, and found out that other companies in the area
which have employed the blind to do the same thing have no problem alowing
the employees to take their lists elsewhere to be made accessible.  I
wrote a letter to the company offering some tentative and practical
sollutions as to how we can work this out in a most economical way.  I
faxed it to them last night.  Personally, I think it is a matter of
genuine miss-understanding on their part.  When their policies were
implemented, it was probably never thought that a person with a
print-related disability might want a job with them.  Before I take any
further stand against anybody, I am going to make sure that they fall in
to the cattegory of a company which needs to comply with ADA.  So far as I
know, everybody in this country has a right to work.

Chaim