VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Zielinski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:01:26 -0600
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 14:33:46 -0600
From: Clarence Whaley <[log in to unmask]>
To: GW News <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The new year!

As we enter into the new year we first wanted to thank each of you for
your loyalty and support in the past years.  We truly believe that 2000
will be the best year ever, and we plan to make the world's most stable
screen reader even more stable and robust.

Also, we thought it a good time to announce some changes in
responsibilities and to make you aware of who does what at our office.  So
here goes:

As you know, the two owners of the company are Doug Geoffray and Dan
Weirich.  These guys have so many responsibilities that I will only list a
few.  First, Doug does a lot of software development, sets priorities for
development, does a lot of training in the field and much, much more.

Dan Weirich does a very important job; he does the pay checks!  <smile>
Dan also oversees the office, keeping all of us focused, does all the
business correspondence for us and in his spare time is our resident hard
ware expert.

Sue Weirich has been with GW Micro since 1991 and knows more about the
workings of the company than any of us.  Last year Sue was promoted to
serve as our office manager and makes sure everything works smoothly on a
day to day basis.

Working with Sue is Marty Hord who does all our data entry plus lots of
administrative tasks such as literature fulfillment and more.

Also working with Sue is Lois Baich who does the order entry when you
purchase something and the international paperwork and more.

Completing this "behind the scenes team" is Dave Egolf who does all the
shipping, puts together computer systems and yes, lots of repairs around
the office and making our lives better.

On the other end of the building is Ron Parker and Bill Smith.  These guys
don't do much at all!  <smile>  They are only the software developers who
put together that little program called Window-Eyes.  Thanks guys for all
you do.

We are also proud to announce that Mike Lawler has just been promoted to
Development Liaison and Technical Support Supervisor.  We are very
fortunate to have Mike in this position.  Mike will be working with the
development team and also growing our all ready fantastic support
department to offer you even better support.  Mike has done support for
years and worked with our development department also; now we plan to
combine his many talents to give you our users the best of both worlds.

In our support department along with Mike is Bill Herzler and Aaron Smith.
 These guys are on the phone all day and work hard to offer you the
fantastic support which makes GW Micro stand out from the rest.
Aaron is also the guywho does all the hard work and development of our web
page.

Oh, I almost forgot a couple of people.  <smile>  I am Clarence Whaley the
Director of Sales and Marketing and working with me is Sonja Morgan who
makes my life a breeze with the many things she does such as training,
organizing tradeshows--no small task and she also makes sure that I do all
the things I need to do.

That's it.  Now you know the GW Micro family and a bit about what we each
do.  Also, Bill Herzler, Mike, Sonja and I are all blind and realize the
importance of having a rock solid product at hand to do our work.  We
promise you that granite stability for the future.
Not many companies can say that 30% of their employees are blind and use
their products.  We feel this is vital to providing you the best.

Again, happy 2000 to you and yours.

Clarence Whaley
Director Of Sales And Marketing
GW Micro
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
Direct Fax (615) 269-5288
GW Micro Voice Number 219-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com

gw-news list which is an announce only list used for news,
product information and the Voice of Vision newsletter
distribution.