VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:15:29 +0800
        Andrew,

I use Eudora as my primary email program.  I have had no trouble with it
using JFW, and I see no reason why Window Eyes should have a problem with it.

As with all the windows 95 email  programs, there are so many parrameters
to set, and which can be set improperly, it is impossible to know why you
are having trouble.  You can have several email client programs on the same
system.  However, if you have them set to automatically access your dial-up
networking program, then they can interfere with each other.  If you plan
to use several different programs, I would suggest that you make your
network connection manually before launching the email program.  If you are
using email like Juno, then there should be no problem as Juno and other
such programs do not use your internet provider, but rather have a local
number of their own.

As far as usability, personally, assuming you are using windows 95/98, I
find Eudora the easiest and friendliest program available.  I have worked
with NetScape Mail and MS Outlook successfully, but they are a lot harder
to use in my experience with voice.

Bill Pasco

Index of Vicugs	http://trfn.clpgh.org/vipace/vicug/vicugs.html