VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Visually Impaired Pittsburgh Area Computer Enthusiasts! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 19:20:58 -0400
We recently learned about the availability of free and easy to configure
mailing lists.  The companies add a short commercial to the end of every
message to provide the profits.  One site, http://www.eboards.com claims
to have 50,000 mailing lists at present.  Kelly P. says
http://www.listbot.com is a similar service.  These companies encourage
you to set up a mailing list for your club, neighbors, family, class
reunion, etc. as the more mail generated, the higher their potential
profits.

We sent out the following and got 10 subscribers in a day.  If you have an
idea for a special interest list and would like help in setting it up,
drop us a note.  We could even create a list to discuss the use of
www.eboards.com with a screen reader.