VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chaim Segal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:57:49 -0500
Hi Peter:

I have an idea for you, although it is not a software product.  Actually,
I have two ideas.

First one:

I'd love a device, maybe it would work like one of those pocket scanners.
When a blind person wants to know what color something is, IE. a lost sock
in the laundry that got off the sorter, a piece of office stationery, or
any reasonable-sized object that has sustenence, you would touch this
device up to it and a synthesized voice would call out, "Red!  Green!

Here's another one.  How about a device which could see print from a
reasonable distance which you could use to know for sure which bus is
coming on the street?

Sorry I can't think of anything any more unique.

Chaim