VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Joshua L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 07:31:32 -0700
Hi list, I've been trying to figure this out for a year. I tried this and
it works.
Let me know if information of this type is useful to anyone else.

Joshua

TIP: CONFESSIONS OF A KEYBOARD WHIZ

August 5th, 1998

Dummies Daily subscriber Rob Markovic recently wrote us with this
challenge: "I'm a keyboard whiz--as some people like to call me--but
one keyboard shortcut I haven't figured out yet is a way to switch the
focus on the desktop. I hope you can find this one."

Well, Rob, there is a shortcut, but it isn't very graceful; it's
actually a few shortcuts you have to use together:

1. Press Ctrl + Esc (or press your Windows key if you have one) to
display the Start menu.
2. Press Esc to close the Start menu and put the focus on the Start
button.
3. Press Tab twice to place the focus on the desktop.

Now you can use the arrow keys to move from icon to icon.
"Joshua L." <[log in to unmask]>