From:
Kaiden Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:30:47 -0500
>They help me stick to my low carb, high protein, basically paleo eating
pattern and give me lots of ammo to use in convincing my friends to do
likewise.  Keep it up!

    The tough part in convincing other people is to give them the simple
recognition that doctors are not qualified to give dietary advice.  In our
culture they have a very shamanic role, enshrouded in with Greek symbolism,
whites robes, and the ability to give out medicine that cannot be found
anywhere else.   But, they are as human as you or I.  They have specialized
knowledge which they should be respected for, but taking diet advice from a
doctor is about as good as taking it from anyone else.

    (My doctor told me to eat a bowl of raisin bran with no milk for
breakfast, and restrict myself to 4 oz. or meat per day.  I guess "I lost
100 pounds on this diet" didn't quite impress him.  I mean, this guy was
worried that I had a vitiman B deficiency when I was eating over a pound of
beef per day).

    One thing I do when trying to promote this diet to interested people is
to explain NLP.  It's a very roundabout way of doing things, but the basic
premise I work on is that if you want to be successful at anything, find a
successful person and modle them.  I am a successful person when it comes to
weight loss, therefore, modle me.  If you want to be unsuccessful, do the
same with an unsuccessful person.  Weight Watchers is, what, 97%
unsuccessful?  Well, there you go.