From:
sandy beber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:41:06 -0400
Ray,

      I've been happily lurking on the list, and was disappointed by the
recent exchange between Todd and Michael which led Todd to conclude his
views are to contentious for him to remain on the list.  I wrote to Todd
asking him to stay because, like others who have written in, I have
found Todd's posts a real asset to the discussion on this list.  I sent
him a copy of your e-mail which I read to encourage the kind of
discussion Todd has been part of and he sent this response, which I am
forwarding.
      I hope your views will resolve this matter in favor of Todd's
continuing to provide the
thoughtful critique and analysis which has helped shape the discussions
on this list.
     sincerely,      Sandy