Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 10:22:54 -0400
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
> Hello Ilya,
> maybe that in southern Europe it's different, but with organic farming
> in our climate, which is almost linearbendceramic,
> i can tell you for shure, there is only one harvest.
> The intermediate fruit will not become really ripe.
> I have a small piece of land of my own where on parts i have some fruits
> from, and the other part is used by an organic farmer.
>
> But even with two harvests, grain yield would not be better than
> the mentioned roots, isn't it?
> cheers
Uhmm... I used to live in Russia, hardly a 'southern part'. I was
also specifically NOT talking about fruit but about grains. My point
was that you undercounted the yields from grains because you factored
in only a single harvest, which is true for fruit but not grains.
Your comparison for different crops should have been on a yearly
basis.

I know that currently farming in Russia is hardly organic. However,
they used to have 2 crops/year there years ago (long before
communists) and as far as I know all farming back then would
qualify as organic.

Ilya