From:
Linda Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:43:32 -0700
At 11:08 AM 4/14/98 -0600, you wrote:
>HEXANE - A colorless volatile liquid derived from distillation of petroleum

Thank you for providing a definition.  I am fortunate to have a great
health food store that posts notices like that.  Guess I won't try the
coconut oil until I can find a trustworthy pure source.

Coconut milk works well for most things, though it is a bit watery for some
cooking purposes.

I pour a can of coconut milk into an ice cube tray and freeze it, so I can
use just a cube or two at a time for cooking.

As far as oils, is sesame oil acceptable, since it is from rew edible
seeds?  I've seen some that is organic and unrefined (Spectrum
brand--although they do have non-organic and refined varieties as well, so
watch the labels if you are concerned).

Linda