From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:36:03 -0600
>        I have heard that my illness is in my head more times than I can
>count. *sigh* I know it's real. I do take a cousin of prozac, though, for
>energy, and to mediate the joint pain. Also, I live in Canada, so I don't
>actually have to pay thousands for medical care - yet! But if all the
>problems can be fixed by this diet, then I can get off all the meds and
>live again! I am really hoping this will work.
>Pam

It may be that you are VERY sensitive to the forbidden foods much like I am.
Maybe thats why the doctors cant pin point your problem and are writting it
off as all in your head.  (doctors want to give an explanation as much as
patients want to hear one)  Hang in there and keep trusting in yourself!  I
knew my condition was real too, I just didnt know what was causing it.  The
last thing a doctor is going to tell you to try is a diet change.  At least
this has been my experience.  My GP is still after me to take estrogen (I
had a hysterectomy ten years ago due to endometriosis, which I believe could
have been avoided had I been on a paleo diet at that time!).  I see no
reason for estrogen, I dont have hot flashes (since going paleo) and I feel
great.  He says I need it for my heart and bones.  I feel that on a modern
day diet I might need estrogen to counter act the effects that come from
eating the forbidden foods.  On a paleo diet, I just dont see the point.
Like I said before, I have been on a paleo diet for only three months and am
doing great.  I dont take any supplements at all either.  When I first tried
a GF diet, it did help, but if I ate a food, forbidden on the paleo diet
such as soy, dairy, etc, I still got sick.  The effects from those foods
would manifest anywhere from the time of eating up to 24 hours and would
last anywhere between 24 hours and 7days.  My point is that I am VERY
sensitive to the forbidden foods and do well on a paleo diet.  Im not in
anyway suggesting you shouldnt listen to your doctor, although I know for a
fact first hand that doctors dont always have the anwsers for everything.
Im just relating some of what has happened to me in hopes that you might
find it useful.
Good luck, I think you will find that eating paleo WILL work! :)
Patti