From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:55:59 EDT

<< Yes they have, but if you look at Gerson's Protocol where they say that
 Vegetables Juices are the way to go and not Animal Products, why do they
 also add Bovine Glandular Extracts to the Regime?  Interesting, huh?  If
 you really look at it it's because they can't get everything they need
 from the Raw Veggies like B12 etc. and I feel the Higher Level Protein
 from RAF that's needed for the Body - >>

Gregg,

Very interesting - did not know that about Gerson.  I will check out that
site.  It seems many vegetarians seem to look for substitutes for meat, all
the while saying humans aren't meat eaters.  Which brings me to a question,
does anyone know anything about algae, in particular whether or not spirulina
and sea weed have long-chain fatty acids?  I've read that fish don't produce
long-chain fatty acids (DHA), but get them from algae, and I was wondering if
these algaes (Spirulina, Blue-Green Algae, Sea Weed), contain long-chain fatty
acids and that's why vegans get good results from them?

I too found I needed raw meat, when I felt like killing for food one day, and
now I can't imagine not eating it.  I had raw buffalo the other day it was
really good!

I also wonder what harm to the emotional maturation process, especially among
males, happens from not participating in hunting rituals as one ages - not for
sport, but for food, so that one learns independence, and self-sufficiency,
and ambition to live and thrive, and comes to feel grateful for food, and
appreciation for where it comes from, and what it means to kill, for both you
and the one you hunt.  I of course have never hunted, though after a year on
fruits and vegetables for the first time in my life I felt ready to!  Do
hunter/gatherer societies have religious animal sacrifices, or only non-
hunter/gatherer religious societies?

All hunter-gatherers seem to live in profound harmony with nature, and all
those who fall into agriculture or animal domestication seem to fall out of
harmony, or cause more trouble, or am I generalizing?

I see juice, or the juicer, as yet another tool, not a cure-all.  Tools are
good.  Nutrients are good.

I have a question, what % of diet is the Paleo diet, I've read that
hunter/gatherer societies were really gatherer/hunter societies, with plant
food making up between 55%-75% of diet.  I'm curious how the Paleo diet
compares, because I don't remember seeing percentages.  I just eat raw meat,
or raw fish when I want, and lately have been eating two to four raw fertile
eggs a day.  And raw honey.

Thanks!

Aaron