From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 15:35:47 -0600
>this diet is becoming difficult and discouraging,

Maybe you could find lists of food on the web like vegetales, fruits, meats,
nuts
etc.  Cross out the ones that we wouldnt eat on a paleo diet (potatoes,
peanuts, etc etc) and go from there.  This may give you a bigger view of
what we CAN eat, rather than what we can not eat.  I have been paleo for
three months now and the diet is very easy for me to follow.  I know I over
did the fruit in the beginning, but I craved sweets at that point in time.
Now sometimes an orange seems almost too sweet.  Like Ray suggests in
his book, I'm now satisfied with fruit as a dessert.  As far as meals go, I
spend less time in the kitchen cooking than I did before eating paleo.  I
use my crock pot a lot.  I just throw the meat in it, later I steam some
veggies, that's dinner.  Sometimes we have salad, applesauce etc with it,
but those are easy things to prepare too.  Unless Im making BBQ sauce or we
have company and I make meatloaf etc, I just dont get fancy with meals and
recipes.

Patti [log in to unmask]