From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:03:34 -0800
Hi All!!!

I just joined the List last Thursday and so I don't have to retype
everything again, since I spent so long on it, I'm going to just post
the message I wrote for the Raw Food Diet Support List but which is just
as applicable here and so here it is - Thanks!!!:

Well it just got rejected and it said:
-----
Your message cannot be distributed to the PALEOFOOD list because it
exceeds the maximum message size of 150 lines.
-----
So now I know that I have to break up any messages larger than that and
I don't think that'll be often.  It would have been nice if that info
was put in the "Usage guidelines for PALEOFOOD" the we all received when
we joined - Maybe Grant we'll see this - Hint!!! Hint!!! - :)

Well it's looks like this message will have to be broken up into 4
seperate parts so I'm going to do that now:
-----
I joined - Well tried to join - about 2 weeks but didn't do it right and
talked to Peter - Who runs the List - and found I had to put "SUBSCRIBE
RAW-FOOD" in the Body and not the Subject and so finally joined last
week and have been waiting to introduce myself because I really want to
go into all the details of who I was and how I started in all of this
etc., but it kept getting so late and I was getting tired when I thought
about it or I was really busy and never got to get around to it.  One
thing you'll find is that I write long messages/posts and that I have a
habit of being very detailed and go on and on - and on!!! - :)!!!  But I
do want you all to know what I do in regards to my Diet, Health, and
Nutrition etc. and so I'll give you a little background/history now so
you can see how I got started.

Yes I was born - but I think you All know that!!! - :) - and I was
Breast Feed a little but would go jaundice from the Breast Milk for some
reason and so it was stopped from what I've been told.  I'm hoping
though that at least I would have gotten the Colostrum which is produced
during the first 48 hours of the Mother giving Milk from what I
remember. From what I've read that can really keep one pretty Healthy
during their Whole Life, and I've been pretty Healthy my Whole Life -
Thank God!!!

I've eaten pretty well my Whole Life and growing up we ate everything
like meat etc. and my Mother pretty much always made home cooked meals -
Both my Parents are Russian/Ukrainian - So that means I am too I guess -
and since I was First Generation American on my Mom's side we still ate
a lot of those Old Country hardy meals and lots and lots of broths and
soups.  Also when I was 12 we moved to England where I stayed till I was
18 and then came back to this Country in 1983 - I'm 32 now - and, of
course, while I was there we drank lots of milk and ate lots and lots of
butter, cream, double cream, and I think what they called triple cream
too, I think.  Also most of the milk was not Homogenized even though it
was Pasteurized and so we got a lot of cream that way as well - I
remember how much I loved the cream and that I never saw it while I was
in back visiting and then moving back to America.

Well that's enough of that and let's now talk about what I started
eating back in 1983 when I was 18 and moved back to America - Los
Angeles to be precise:  I had had quite a lot of very Spiritual,
Paranormal, and Psychic Experiences during my Life and they were getting
more intense as I got older - I mean Very Intense!!! - I won't go into
all the details but suffice it to say, I got struck by Ball Lightning on
about my 18th Birthday when I was in England and have had the Balls
almost hit me 4 times: Once before my 18th Birthday, once just about on
it, and once a few months after, and then again a few months after that;
and again suffice it to say: I had a lot going on during those times.
During that time I had found that or believed that Physical Immortality
was possible - I had read "Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far
East" by Baird T. Spaulding who wrote about his adventures with
supposedly Ascended Masters and very Aware and Spiritual Beings in
India.  They spoke about how you never have to die and, in fact, had
entire families of several Generations where no one in the Family had
ever died - Sounds Great Doesn't It!!!  Well I felt I was going to be
one of these Total Aware Being who didn't have to die anymore and so I
started more Consciously on my Quest and was figuring out what I had to
do to get there and achieve that State - As you can imagine most people
thought I was absolutely bonkers and just totally deluded and off-base
or just not here in Reality - Which so-called Normal Everyday Reality I
have found is very different depending on the Person, his Environment,
and Lifestyle, and, so therefore, quite Subjective - at least in my
opinion.  So like any Good Truth and Spiritual Seeker I thought I had to
become a Vegetarian and later on a Fruitarian and then, of course, a
Breatharian.  You see Vegetarianism was just a phase in my Mind because
you were still killing Plants just like you did when you killed Animals
when you ate them and killing was killing.  Fruit was the only thing
that I could fine that was a Gift from Nature and nothing was killed in
the eating of it and was created for the sole purpose to be Sweet and
Tasty so we would eat it when it was Ripe and hence we would spread the
seed around as we traveled and did our business so to speak.

Well I had sought out a lot of these so-called Totally Aware and Fully
Enlightened Masters or People supposedly near that state and the trouble
was that some of the few I found looked like shit, were sickly, or had
died of Cancer or something.  Well as you could have probably guessed
that can be quite disheartening.  Well I had made a few acquaintances
and friends who were Psychic and/or Aware and through one very Psychic
Lady in particular met a very Aware Guy who was the only person I had
ever met in my Life who could "see" in the way I could and had been
doing that and other things a lot more Consciously than I had - I was
only 19 at the time now and he had been on the Planet a lot longer than
me and had had time to learn and discover these things too - "Seeing" is
a type of Psychic and/or Awareness Seeing that let's you "see" beyond
just the so-called Normal Everyday seeing or looking - I guess you could
say I could "see" or can "scan" People, things, or whatever I wanted
basically.  It comes in different flavors so to speak like the Physical
Senses do so it's like I can use all my Senses on Deeper or Other Levels
that might not really be considered Physical but more Feeling,
Instinctual, and Spiritual in Nature.

Anyway, we ended up moving in together - We lived together for about 6
years and are still friends - and started eating mostly Vegetarian with
some chicken and fish but no beef - like all the wannabe Vegetarians and
really started researching Health, Diet, and Nutrition.  So in about
1985 I started drinking Raw Milk and eating Raw Butter and Raw Cheese
and making my own dressing for salads etc..  We also started eating
Sprouts and got into juicing and were fortunate enough to be able to
afford a Norwalk so, for those of you who know, we had basically the
best juice that you could imagine and that really could be made at the
time - As far as we knew.  We even moved to Colorado about 20 miles
outside of Durango, where it was so remote we had a Party Line instead
of our own Phone Line.  Well we didn't have to share it because we were
so out there that no one else was crazy enough to be there in the Winter
but us just about - Remember it was a 40 mile round trip in the snow
just to get food!!!  Well during that time I tried to go Totally Raw and
almost did but not quite and had a few more normal meals from time to
time but, of course, no beef.  Well, if you hadn't already guessed, that
didn't last but a few months and we came back to Los Angeles some time
around or after Christmas I think and just never went back - We had a
year lease on the place and well "Oh too bad!!!" we just left the place
because we couldn't think of anyone else who wanted to be up there.
                             [Part 1 of 4]