Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 06:31:00 -0800
I have noticed a huge improvement in my son since going completely paleo.

I had been moving him in this direction, putting him on the Specific
Carbohydrate Diet by Elaine Gottschall which helped but still did not take
him all the way. Her diet is almost paleo but allows  some dairy, as well as
squash. Her diet  has been a very effective diet for people with colitis or IBS.

Neanderthin removes still more foods, esp dairy and we are eating fewer
vegetables, no more squash, which he was not digesting anyway.

In short, I think there is a lot less residue in his intestines/colon to
ferment and cause symptoms of autism. We are on almost all fats and
proteins, with a very small amount of veg/fruit.

Yesterday, he was so active and bright. Usually he is hypo-active, with no
energy. He used to curl in a fetal postition and hold his stomach. His
stomach used to be bloated.

What I need from you guys now is hope. He was injured by vaccines, which
mainly disrupted his immune system. This caused a lot of ear infections. The
wonderful doctors put him on a ton of antibiotics while the unsuspecting mum
worked her tail off. This all caused havoc and dysbiosis with his digestion.

My question is, his speech is intact. It is not that of a "normal" 5 and a
half year old, but his articulation is perfect and he is picking up new
vocabulary every day. He is progressing.

He is able to learn, knows his letters, can read sight words, is moving
rapidly through his program.

How much of him can come back? In other words, can the brain at this age
regenerate some of what it has lost? I figure his body has basically been
starving due to dysbiosis. Now, the yeast and bad bacteria are getting
nothing to eat, and are dying a slow death. They can no longer steal his
food and give off their noxious toxins.

The change in him is beautiful to observe, but how far towards normal will
he get?

If nothing else, he is much easier to live with now, he no longer feels like
heck. He wakes up happy, and in a good mood. Do you know how welcome that is???

Please, I need some hope, don't tell me his brain is ruined forever. I know
some stroke patients have come back a long way!

Thanks everybody and esp Ray, for writing this book!!!

Moira