From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:26:37 -0400
But there's a tremendous difference nutritionally between prairie grass and
highly selected wheat with its' abnormally high gluten content.  Are the
seeds of prairie grass edible?  I wouldn't think so...

John Pavao

> Without farming, there are no "amber waves of grain" that I know of.
> Bill

Prairie grass!  Being a 13th generation mid-westerner, I
know my ancestors had to deal with getting rid of it in order
to farm.  The lack of prairie grass EXTENSIVE root system
contributed to the depression period dust bowl.