NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:53:37 EST
In a message dated 1/22/99 11:59:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Matt's Cookies, that Jen Good mentioned in her post, are also available
>  at ACME Supermarkets in the Philadelphia area.  They are baked by Cookie
>  Specialties, Inc., 482 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Wheeling, Illionois 60090.

Debbie,
Hi, are they in the cookie aisle or over in the bakery section?  BTW, last
year I found out that the labels on the Acme bakery products were mis-labeled
and contain milk though the labels don't say as much.  I haven't checked
lately to see if they corrected the problem, but I buy *nothing* from there
bakery section for my son.  They used to have milk-free, soy-free birthday
cakes I could order.  The labels on the cake boxes still say no milk, but the
ingredients on the commercial products back in the kitchen that they use to
whip up the cake and icing show milk.

Lynda