NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
D Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:16:42 -0600
P & M Clark wrote:

> I received this email from a friend today.  Anyone know about this?
>
> I don't know if you guys use the Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, but
> the ingredient label has changed on the lates bag I purcheased to include
> milk solids.  Kraft wasn't much help but they're supposed to be checking
> further and getting back to me.  It's either a re-formulated product in
> the same bag or a misprint.  I'll keep you posted.

Baker's makes 2 different kind of semi-sweet chocolate chips.  The ones that
say semi-sweet 'real' chocolate chips don't list dairy in the ingredients ( I
bought a bag last week) - but is kosher DE (manufactured on equipment that
may be dairy contaminated).  They also make a semi-sweet chocolate chip
that doesn't say 'real' that has dairy in it.  Maybe you/she got the other kind
by mistake?

Denise