NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 23:14:01 +0000
Hi all,

Yesterday I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered dinner from a take
out place called Steak Out.  I don't know if any of you have it near
you.  They have a nice menu which includes sandwiches (I avoided them
because of the milk in the buns) and entrees with a roll, potato, and
salad.  It's easy enough to toss the roll (or give it to someone
else) so I ordered grilled chicken and asked for oil and vinegar for
my salad dressing.  To me, oil and vinegar is just that, oil and
vinegar.  Nothing else.  Looking at the container the dressing came
in, however, I quickly realized that it was more than that so I read
the ingredients.  It also had onion and garlic (not a problem) and
non-fat milk solids.  Grrrrrr!  Needless to say, I ate my salad
plain.

Laura
ICQ# 5152233

Admiral Roebuck: "I'm afraid, M, you don't have the balls for this job."
M: "Perhaps, but the advantage is I don't have to think with them all the time."
Tomorrow Never Dies