BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 10:00:46 -0500
>A new preservationeer.
><GO>
>
>Intro;  Michael Drummond Davidson bsa [log in to unmask]
>Live
>with my wife Belinda Stewart president of the AIA here in Mississippi and
>mayor of our town we have a 65 acre farm  and a historic pyramid house built
>in the french vernacular.
>Im
>interested in formulas for plasters and stuccos and anything in celtic
>art,and gothic. Regards to the group...Michael

Michael...welcome!

Just a quick note in the "it's a small world" department.  I had the
pleasure of meeting your wife briefly when she was consulting architect on
the state of NC's rehab of the old Education Building here in Raleigh...it
is a property that is within the boundaries of one of our local historic
districts.  You know what that means?  It gives you portfolio to make up
all sorts of lies about me!  And then you can blame them on your wife!!
Isn't that great?

With regard to plaster, we are fortunate to have a fine _young_ (relatively
speaking) plaster craftsman in our area...has had extensive experience, and
done beautiful work on the NC State Capitol, a magnificent National
Historic Landmark 1832-40 Greek Revival structure considered among the
finest of its style in the nation.  He has extensive photographs at his web
site, and is a chatty kind of guy that I'm sure would welcome your
inquiries.  Matter of fact, he'd probably benefit from an invite to join us
here among the Pinheads....  Ken?  How 'bout it?

<http://www.ewingrestoration.com/home.htm>

Regards

Dan Becker,  Executive Director              "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                       from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                               - Bullwinkle J. Moose