BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sbmarcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 23:46:15 -0400

> The guaranteed life of the economy line of Bird
> > asphalt shingle roofing  applied in the 1920's was 30
> years. In the 1970s
> > it was 20. Now its 15. Do you think that that was in
> response to consumer
> > demand? Or what?
>
> How bout the demands put on the manufacturer by juries-
> Now not only is Bird liable to replace the roofing but also
> will have to make up little Johnny's life of lost wages
> because he didn't go to Harvard & win the Noble Prize.

Probably some truth to that, but having stripped and lain shingles of all
three vintages (twice, back in the seventies, I had the opportunity to
shingle roofs with shingles that had been bought during the Jazz Age but
never applied.) There really is a difference in the quality and thickness
of the products.

Bruce