AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dzigbodi Akyea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:43:23 +0000
The Activities committee of the African Family Festival'98 (AFFEST'98) is looking for the following:

1.  People who are interested in teaching AFrican dances and drumming to
    adults and children.
2.  Adults and children of African descent who are interested in learning
    and performing African dance for the festival.
3.  Adults who can teach drummming.
4.  Adults and children willing to learn drumming and perform during the
    festival in August.
In addition, I'd like to specially appeal to all parents/guardians to please help recruit their children for the above activities.  We are very lucky to have two very very talented artists - M'bai Njewel from Cameroun and Constant Gabacoury from Ivory Coast who have given their time to teach dances from their countries.  Please help make this festival a success.  By the way, this is an opportunity for a good aerobic workout for those who want to but do not have time to go the gym.  Please either send me an e-mail at [log in to unmask] or call me at 274-9769.  Thank you very much indeed.