Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 05:24:45 -0400
On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 21:16:52 -0400, Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  I think that
>we often lose sight of some of the important dynamics of variability in the
>paleo food supply.  That is,  big game would have been available on a
>sporadic basis and, as has been discussed on this list,   the fat content
>would have varied per season. Likewise, nuts are plentiful in the late summer
>and fall and can be stored;  berries have a different season as do early
>shoots, ripe fruit and edible leafy plants.  (.....)  We
>"warp" the evolutionary pattern with our insistence on grooving certain foods
>as year round staples. Check out Art  DeVany's suggestions as to cultivating
>a little natural chaos in our daily
 cycles.  Enjoying food from the source,
>not the factory, Rick.

Allergies seem to be a key point in nutrition and todays life.
Paleofood seems to be allergy reducing.
But why is this so? I've thought much about the topic why some certain foods
produce the most frequent allergic responses and others not.
If you ask about common allergies, then you'll get as allergy-prone
milk, gluten(wheat protein) , hazel, soy, pigs fat as very often mentioned.

I've some idea why, and I'd like to hear some voices about it
(maybe i'd go to sci.med.nutrition also??).

Allergenes are especially these stuffs which are eaten very regularly
whithout any interruption all over the year! They seem to "dry out"
our immune system somehow.
For example who (of normal westerners) spends any day without eating wheat?
(Bread for breakfast? cakes?)
without milk (cream, cheese applied s
o often)?
Hazel are part of most sweeties/choklate (read the label...)
and so on...

As Rick said, in ancient times there were always _seasons_ which
decided about which food was available may it be nuts, meats or vegetables.

I was inspired to this thought by a book "IMUN" by a doctor who claimed to
have learnt in the USA about what he calls "rotational diet".
Means to leave out any food (group) that has been eaten once
for some days, before it is eaten again.
For example tomatoes,pepper,potatoes are of the same family.
This implies not to eat too many different items on one single day, since
otherwise you will run out of new food families.
This diet seems to cure allergies.

Main success and effect of paleofood may be to just leave out
these proteins, most of us had eaten for thousands of successive days.
(Also very important  of course leaving foods intouched - unworsened).

This seems to me an important aspect of paleolithic living.
Have seasons.

regards
Amadeus