Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:10:36 -0500
<< Her next argument was that "the Bible" says that grains are very healthy
>for
> us. Here, I did not have an answer. WHY does it say that grains are healthy,
> if it does?? >>

>So unless you tell me that she also keeps Kosher, then I say this is not about
>religion, it's about her lack of willingness to change/ aka carb addiction.
>And for that no amount of argument will suffice.

very very true.
        according to the Bible, when Adam and Eve were in the Garden, they
did only eat vegetarian.  but after the Flood, God told Noah and his sons
that they could feel free to eat whatever they wanted, "Every moving thing
that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you
all things" (Genesis 9:3).  But God then goes on to tell Noah just to be
sure not to eat the blood, to drain it out.
        if your friend  thinks that just because all those who lived before
the Flood were vegetarian is some sort of 'proof' that people were meant to
be vegetarian, or that it makes us 'better' or 'purer' somehow, remind her
who all died in the Flood and why.

JoAnn.